8.30.2011

tears stop me at the oddest times

Thankfully Montreal Simon wiped them up for me here .


And I absolutely love the idea of planting a little tree to remember him.

Like this one near the ferry dock...




So on an icy cold day I can wrap it in a blanket, or hurry over with a watering can on a hot one. Or ring my bicycle bell as I ride by it, like we did at Jack's funeral.

And of course guard it with my life eh?

Oh little tree of hope. May you grow like our beautiful movement.

Until you touch the stars...


All of this stolen from my blogging buddy MOntreal Simon...

1 comment:

Simon said...

hi Rick...thanks for running this and linking to me. I'm glad I made you feel better, because I feel the same way. I'm so sad that Jack died, but I just love how Canadians have reacted, with all that love and optimism for the future. And I can't wait for that little tree to arrive... :)