6.18.2005

Gaydar on the BLIP!

It's true, if you live in a city, it is getting harder to figure out who is gay and who isn't. My gaydar needs a tune up big time. I can still be right most of the time, but yikes it takes more time.

I come from small town country, I know it has always been difficult though not impossible to meet other guys. Still I was in Williams Lake, a small town in the Cariboo this past week and I did see several guys that blipped my gaydar. Interesting, my straight friends did not see these brothers of mine.

The city is getting harder though, all those straight boys trying their best to look or send of signals that confuse or create blips on my gaydar. I may have to spend more time in the big city to readjust.

This from the New York Times says it all ...
"The codes have broken down completely," said Valerie Steele, the director of the Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology. "The other night I was at a dinner sitting next to someone who was talking about how he couldn't tell anymore, that he just didn't have any gaydar. And it was so funny. I couldn't tell if he was gay or straight." ~ New York Times, June 19, 2005


Check out the New York Times article on Gay or Straight, Hard to Tell.

No comments: