4.10.2005

Living Will - To all politicians

A Dear friend emailed this to me today. I suggest you consult a lawyer before using this living will, it does make a point however.

----------

LIVING WILL:

I, -----------------------, being of sound mind and body, do not wish to be kept alive indefinitely by artificial means.

Under no circumstances should my fate be put in the hands of politicians who couldn't pass ninth-grade biology if their lives depended it. If a reasonable amount of time passes and I fail to sit up and ask for a coffee, it should be presumed that I won't ever get better. When such a determination is reached, I hereby instruct the attending physicians to pull the plug, reel in the tubes, and call it a day.

Under no circumstances shall the members of the Legislature enact a special law to keep me on life-support machinery. It is my wish that these boneheads mind their own damn business, and pay attention instead to the health, education, and the future of the millions of Canadians who
aren't in a permanent coma.

Under no circumstances shall any politicians butt into this case. I don't care how many fundamentalist votes they're trying to scrounge for their run for office, it is my wish that they play politics with someone else's life and leave me the hell alone to die in peace.

I couldn't care less if a hundred religious zealots send e-mails to legislators in which they pretend to care about me. I don't know these people, and I certainly haven't authorized them to preach and crusade on my behalf. They should mind their own damn business, too.

If any of my family goes against my wishes and turns my case into a political cause, I hereby promise to come back from the grave and make his or her existence a living hell.

Signature:

Witness:

No comments: